Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Chiefs, Dolphins, Giants, & Raiders
NFL Notes: Browns, Chiefs, Dolphins, Giants, & Raiders
- The Browns announced that they’ve retained special teams coordinator Chris Tabor.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Dolphins tried out Lamar Holmes, Cleyon Lang and Charles Tuaau.
- Miami elected to sign Tuaau to a future/reserve contract.
- Giants owner John Mara confirmed that they pushed up Ben McAdoo’s second interview for their head-coaching job after learning about the Eagles’ interest in him. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- McAdoo wouldn’t confirm who will be on his coaching staff or whether he’ll call plays for the Giants. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- According to Ebenezer Smauel, McAdoo seemed to be fine with the idea of Tom Coughlin having an advisory role with the team.
- Jordan Raanan reports that McAdoo receives a four-year contract from the Giants.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that even though there’s been a lot of talk about San Antonio being a potential home for the Raiders, it’s still an unlikely scenario.
- Florio points out that it would only take nine other owners to block him from a given market, like San Antonio. Of course, the Cowboys and Texans would almost certainly vote no to the increased competition.
- Florio could see the Raiders using San Antonio as leverage with the city of Oakland, but adds: “[Cowboys owner Jerry] Jones would drop the hammer if/when Davis tries to move to San Antonio.”
Tags Ben McAdoo Bryce Quigley Charles Tuaau Chris Tabor Cleyon Lang Kevin Graf Lamar Holmes Tom Coughlin