- Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Dolphins LB Lawrence Timmons, mentioned during his weekly radio segment on Sunday night that he’s “cautiously optimistic” that the Timmons and the Dolphins will be able to resolve the situation and added that Timmons still wants to play for the Dolphins. (Barry Jackson)
- Timmons reportedly visited with the Steelers before going AWOL before Week 2’s game and told some of his old teammates that he wants to be back in Pittsburgh. (NFLTR)
- Following the news that veteran RB Darren Sproles is out for the season with a torn ACL and broken arm (NFLTR), Eagles HC Doug Pederson told reporters that they will add a running back at some point in the next 24-48 hours. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Rob Demovsky reports that the Packers re-signed DL Ricky Jean Francois to the exact same deal last week that he had before they cut him loose following Week 1’s game.
- According to Demovsky, Jean Francois will make a base salary of $1.25 million (prorated over 15 weeks) and roster bonuses of $25,000 per game active.
- Jean Francois did not receive a signing bonus as part of his new deal with the Packers.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin will undergo an MRI on Monday for a groin injury, but the early word is that his injury is not serious.