Ryan Tannehill did not practice Wednesday but there’s no decision regarding whether he’ll practice on Thursday.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald expects the Dolphins to re-sign impending free agent MLB Kiko Alonso and the team is “confident” he can convert to the weakside if they are able to find a “high-end” middle linebacker during the offseason.
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins have gotten frustrated with second-year DT Jordan Phillips‘ inconsistency at times but believe he has enough talent to become a quality starter.
- Phillips also recognized that he needs to be more consistent, saying: “I had a better year but not as consistent as I need to be. I need to play better. It’s knowing I dominated the person in front of me. I didn’t do that enough.
- Jets signed K Ross Martin to a future/reserve contract.
- Jason Cole reports that the NFL stadium and finance committees will meet next week and plan to build momentum for the Raiders to relocate the team to Las Vegas.
Saints DT Nick Fairley expressed interest in re-signing with New Orleans on Monday.
“I feel real good here,” Fairley said, via Josh Katzenstein of The Times-Picayune. “Throughout this year, I felt comfortable, growing as an individual and a player. I think I played my most consistent ball this year. I just feel like it’s the right fit for me.”
Fairley finished out a one-year, $3 million contract with the Saints.