James Walker of ESPN takes a look at some Dolphins’ players who figure to be on the roster bubble this summer.
- At the top of Walker’s list is LB Koa Misi, who already agreed to a pay cut several months ago and is dealing with a neck injury.
- Last year, the Dolphins traded up to get WR Leonte Carroo, but Walker believes he will need to show more improvement in training camp and the preseason from what he showed last year to feel safe about his status with the team.
- Other players on the roster bubble for Miami, according to Walker, include DE Terrence Fede and DB Jordan Lucas.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN projects the Jets to start Darron Lee and Demario Davis at inside linebacker; Jordan Jenkins and Lorenzo Mauldin at outside linebacker this year.
- According to Cimini, Josh Martin, Dylan Donahue, Bruce Carter, and Julian Stanford are all projected to make the 53-man roster at reserves.
- This leaves Spencer Paysinger, Freddie Bishop and Corey Lemonier entering training camp on the roster bubble.
“I think he can be a real star,” Rapoport said. “He has incredible incentive, because he still does not have a long-term deal. That carrot can really make guys perform and sort of keep them performing and keep them focused. I think that will help immensely. It could turn out to be one of the best deals of free agency.
“I really liked it for the Redskins,” Rapoport said of the addition. “This offense lost DeSean Jackson — that’ll hurt some. But Pryor being there kind of minimizes that hurt if you ask me.”
A market for veteran LB Zach Brown was slow to develop this year, despite the fact that he was coming off of a very productive season.
Rapoport explained that some teams simply felt that they would rather pass on paying him a market value deal and could get by without him.
“He is not perfect, he’s not for everyone, certainly not for everyone, and I know there’s some teams that say, ‘You know what? Have him. We’ll make do without him,'” Rapoport said. “But talent-wise, he is ridiculous. So, if the Redskins get out of him the kind of player he can be, that’s gonna be a big-time steal.”