Home Dolphins NFL Notes: Dolphins, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks
- Field Yates reports that the Dolphins gave practice squad QB Brandon Doughty a pay raise this week from $7,200 per week to $15,200per week.
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers mentioned during an appearance on Conan O’Brien’s show that he has 13 screws inserted into his shoulder to repair his fractured collarbone. (Ian Rapoport)
- Rodgers wouldn’t say specifically how many screws were inserted into his shoulder: “It’s TV. Sometimes you exaggerate. And then sometimes, you tell the truth.” (Rob Demovsky)
- David Chao writes that this news means that Rodgers likely has a comminuted (multiple fragment) clavicle fracture, which would add two weeks to the normal timetable and possibly lead to him being done for the season.
- Chao pegs Week 17 as likely being the earliest Rodgers could return.
- Mike Reiss writes that while the Patriots have likely lost LB Dont’a Hightower for the season (NFLTR), they’re essentially acquiring a linebacker when veteran linebacker now that Shea McClellin is set to return from injured reserve.
- Reiss says that if the Patriots are to bring in a linebacker, it would be more about them wanting to improve their depth, as opposed to adding a starter.
- While the loss of Hightower impacts their inside linebacker depth, Reiss believes the Patriots are thinner at defensive end.
- Reiss suggests bringing back retired DE Rob Ninkovich but adds that the Patriots haven’t seemed inclined to look in that direction to this point.
- Jeff Howe mentions that the Patriots were aware that the Eagles had LB Mychal Kendricks on the trading block this offseason and it’s possible they could have some interest.
- According to Field Yates, Dwight Freeney‘s contract with the Seahawks is a one-year deal that includes a $1M base salary, $8,000 in pre-game active roster bonuses for a max value of $1.08M.
- The Seahawks are working out veteran DE Damontre Moore. (NFLTR)