Dolphins C Mike Pouncey told reporters after their Week 4 to the Saints that doctors expect he will need hip replacement surgery in the next “five to 10 years.”
“We’ll see. I can’t predict the future. I’m listening to a doctor tell me,” Pouncey said, via the Miami Herald. “I feel right now, I don’t need one. But we’ll see.”
Pouncey admitted that his hip “always feels tight. … I don’t have a normal hip.”
The plan for Pouncey will be to have him practice on Wednesday’s and take Thursday’s off.
“I know it’s the best thing for my hip, not only this year, but for my whole career,” Pouncey said. “I’m going to be smart about it, because they’ve got a great plan in place.”
- According to Rob Demovsky, the Packers signed OT Ulrick John to a one-year, $615,000, which prorates to $506,471 if he’s on their roster the remainder of the season.
- Meanwhile, the Packers gave LS Taybor Pepper a one-year, $465,000 deal that prorates to $382,941.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll announced that RB Chris Carson has a fracture just below his knee along with a high ankle sprain. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll added that Carson is still undergoing tests to determine the severity of his injury but it’s clear “he’s going to be out,” (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, they plan to be “really be careful” with DE Cliff Avril‘s neck injury. (John Boyle)
- In regards to Rees Odhiambo, Carroll said they’re still determining nature and severity of his injury. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll announced that CB Jeremy Lane is dealing with a “strained groin.” (Bob Condotta)
- Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said QB Sam Bradford (knee) has a chance to play Week 5 against the Bears.
- Many expect Latavius Murray to take over as the team’s main running back following the injury to Dalvin Cook, but he admitted that his ankle is still not 100 percent and he is still dealing with some soreness. (Chris Tomasson)
- Even so, Murray stressed that he is still good enough to play and can handle a big workload for the Vikings. (Chris Tomasson)