Home / Dolphins / NFL Notes: Dolphins, Rams, Titans & Vikings
NFL Notes: Dolphins, Rams, Titans & Vikings
- Armando Salguero reports that Dolphins HC Adam Gase is not a fan of free agent CB Antonio Cromartie, based on how his teams have done against Cromartie in the past.
- According to Salguero, in order for the Dolphins to pursue Cromartie, it likely would require Gase to change his mind completely about him.
- As for the idea of signing veteran CB Leon Hall, Salguero points out that the Dolphins view him as a strictly slot cornerback, and aren’t certain he would be an upgrade to their current options.
- Vincent Bonsignore reports that the Rams held a mandatory team meeting Friday morning, but RB Tre Mason was not in attendance.
- Bonsignore points out that the situation involving Mason is more complicated due to the team’s inability to communicate with him.
- Although, Bonsignore says that it wouldn’t be a complete shock if Mason showed up at some point, even though that’s not the expectation.
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey told reporters that their plan for newly signed WR Andre Johnson is to “give him an opportunity to compete” for a job. (Jason Wolf)
- Mularkey added that Johnson is not guaranteed to start for them in 2016. (Jason Wolf)
- While the Vikings have been linked to free agent QB Nick Foles, Chris Tomasson reports that Minnesota is not planning to bring in a quarterback right now.
- However, Tomasson adds that the Vikings have at least discussed the idea and have an open roster spot to work with.
Tags Adam Gase andre johnson Antonio Cromartie Nick Foles Tre Mason