- Jason La Canfora reports that NFL is pushing forward with plans for Los Angeles and will meet on Wednesday and Thursday of next week with the L.A. relocation committee, stadium committee and finance committee in NYC.
- La Canfora adds that the NFL is continuing to seek ways to end stalemate regarding L.A. and secure the required 24 votes for one of the two stadium projects.
- According to La Canfora, Carson has “far more” votes right now.
- After that, all owners are scheduled to attend two days of meetings with NFL in Houston with the expectation that to vote on a relocation to L.A., according to La Canfora.
- Joel Corry believes Browns impending free agent RT Mitchell Schwartz could command an annual salary of around $7 million and $15 million total guarantees.
- However, former executive Joe Banner mentions that supply and demand factors are likely to push those figures even higher.
Dolphins owner Stephen Ross issued a letter to season ticket holders offering some details about their upcoming coaching search.
“There are no shortcuts or magic formulas to winning,” Ross wrote, via the Miami Herald. “I know it will take hard work for us to get where we want to go and I can assure you that everyone at the Dolphins is working hard to honor the proud winning tradition of our great franchise.
“We are going to conduct a thorough process led by Mike Tannenbaum to select our head coach that will not be constrained by convention in our approach. This search will be thorough and we will take it wherever we need to go. I appreciate everything Dan Campbell has done this season and he has earned the opportunity to be considered for head coach. We’ve also identified several promising candidates and will begin work immediately.”
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald rules out Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan, and Eric Mangini as candidates for the Dolphins’ head-coaching job.
- Salguero considers it unlikely that Jon Gruden will be the next head coach of the Dolphins.
- Given that Ross said they plan to be “thorough” in with their coaching search, Salguero offers a number of names to keep an eye on including: Adam Gase, Mike Shula, Dirk Koetter, Hue Jackson, Todd Haley, Jim Schwartz, Jim Mora, Josh McDaniels, Chuck Pagano, Chip Kelly, and Sean Payton.
- Geoff Mosher is hearing that Bengals DC Paul Guenther could be a candidate for the Eagles’ head-coaching job.
- Mosher notes that Guenther has local ties to Philadelphia and “highly regarded.”