- Former referee Jim Daopoulos said that he expects at least one female official on the field as part of a crew next season. (Alex Marvez)
- Oregon OT Terron Armstead has announced that he’s entering the 2015 NFL Draft.
- Auburn OL Patrick Miller has declared for the 2015 NFL draft.
- Matt Barrows reports that 49ers GM Trent Baalke is expected to fly back to California tonight without Broncos OC Adam Gase.
- Gase is now meeting with the Broncos.
- Barrows adds that this does not mean that 49ers won’t offer Gase their head-coaching job, but more that it’s not expected to agreed to tonight.
- Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome has encouraged WR Steve Smith to “take three weeks to decide how he feels” about returning next year.
“Steve was brimming with enthusiasm the last time I talked to him to come back and play a role, whatever role that might be,” HC John Harbaugh said, via ESPN.com. “It doesn’t have to be a role where he is playing every snap. He still looks like he has plenty left in the tank to me.”
- Steelers tried out FB Lonnie Pryor, QB Chase Rettig, DT Matt Conrath, WR Brelan Chancellor, and TE Michael Egnew. (Aaron Wilson)