An NFC North scout tells Lance Zierlein that he considers Wisconsin RB Corey Clement to be “just another (running) back.”
“I never got the hype on Corey Clement,” the scout said. “He’s a bull-in-a-china-shop back. I mean, he runs hard, don’t get me wrong, but playing in the NFL is about more than running hard. I see him as just another (running) back.”
Zierlein seems to think Clement will likely end up being a day-three pick next year.
- 49ers HC Chip Kelly explained that rookie CB Will Redmond wasn’t activated from injured reserve because he hasn’t recaptured his explosiveness since he tore his ACL. (Eric Branch)
- Kelly added that Redmond is about 75 to 80 percent of his normal strength. (Matt Barrows)
- Buccaneers RB Doug Martin (hamstring) officially returned to practice on Wednesday for the first time since Week 2. (Greg Auman)
- Bucs WR Mike Evans practiced again on Wednesday but remains in the concussion protocol for now. (Greg Auman)
“The problem for [coach Jeff] Fisher now is,” one exec said, “he’s taking this thing out so long, that he’s sort of damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. If [Jared] Goff comes in and doesn’t [urinate] down his leg, then everyone will say, ‘Why didn’t you play him a month ago?’ And if he does came in and [urinate] down his leg, well, then, ‘Why did you trade up to [first overall] for him?’”
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN reports Titans QB Marcus Mariota suffered an ankle injury during the team’s Week 9 game against the Chargers but is still expected to practice and play this week.