- Grambling State WR Chad Williams is visiting with the Bears on Wednesday. (Adam Jahns)
- Kentucky C Jon Toth participated in the Colts’ local prospect workout on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Illinois DT Rob Bain worked out for the Colts at their local prospect workout today. (Aaron Wilson)
- Duke CB Breon Borders worked out for four NFL teams individually last week and visited with an NFC team on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Wyoming WR Tanner Gentry will be in attendance for the Broncos’ local pro day on Thursday. (Nicki Jhabavala)
- Oregon TE Evan Baylis, Colorado C Shane Callahan, Auburn OL Alex Kozan are also attending the Broncos’ local pro day. (Nicki Jhabavala)
49ers new GM John Lynch was asked Wednesday about a recent report that they are ready to “give up” on RB Carlos Hyde and could instead look to replace him with LSU’s Leonard Fournette.
“I think as a player one of the great things about this league and, frankly, what drove me to get back into it is that you’re always proving yourself,” Lynch said, via SFGate.com. “Particularly when there is a new regime. I hope Carlos feels that way, but I also can tell you that we’re really high on him and what he might be able to do in this offense. We think he can be a highly productive player, but we’re eager to see.”
- 49ers GM John Lynch told reporters that he likes this year’s quarterback draft class. (Eric Branch)
Falcons RB Devonta Freeman tells Alex Marvez of the Sporting News that he has no plans to skip Atlanta’s upcoming workouts and minicamp and is still hopeful that he’ll be able to get a long-term deal in place with the Falcons.
Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff has said previously that they plan to address Freeman’s contract at some point this offseason.
“We will address this,” Dimitroff said at the owners meeting a few weeks ago. “When you look at our history, we address these situations going into training camp. I’m throwing that out there as a general timeline. I don’t know when that exactly will be, but I’m confident that something can get wrapped up and he’s going to be part of us for years to come.”
- Ian Rapoport spoke to one GM on Wednesday about the possibility of the Panthers taking Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey at No. 8 overall and he said that McCaffrey isn’t exactly a fit for Carolina.
- However, Rapoport was told McCaffrey ending up with the Panthers wouldn’t be shocking or surprising.
- Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon is taking a pre-draft visit to meet with the Panthers. (Jared Tokarz)