- Ryan Dunleavy reports that the Giants have scheduled an official visit for San Diego State RB Rashaad Penny and also had a private workout with Texas P Michael Dickson.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Washington State OT Cole Madison is taking an official visit with the Seahawks on Saturday and met with the Cowboys and Redskins over the past two days.
- Colgate DE Patrick Afriyie worked out for the Jets and Giants within the last week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Central Arkansas CB Tremon Smith worked out for members of the Patriots’ staff. (Aaron Wilson)
- Maryland LB Jermaine Carter is taking an official top-30 visit to the Jaguars on Wednesday and has had five top-30 visits so far. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Buccaneers are scheduled to meet with Florida State RB Ryan Green. (PewterReport)
- Matt Maiocco of NBC Bay Area writes that it would be an upset if the 49ers’ top two quarterbacks to open the season are not Jimmy Garoppolo and C.J. Beathard.
- Although, Maiocco could see the 49ers using a late-round draft pick or signing an undrafted free agent quarterback.
- Maiocco guesses that the only way the 49ers trade out of the No. 9 slot is one of the top-four quarterbacks drops to them.
- As for potential targets for the 49ers in round one, Maiocco says that Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson “would be about as good as it gets for a 49ers offense that puts a lot of stress on its guards.”
- Maiocco isn’t sold on OSU CB Denzel Ward being a good system fit in San Francisco, but mentions that the more they watch him, the more San Francisco is sold on Boston College DE/OLB Harold Landry.
- The 49ers brought LSU DE Arden Key in for an official visit. (Matt Barrows)
Scott Bair of NBC Bay Area takes a look at seven spots where the Raiders could still use some help.
- Bair’s list of positional needs includes defensive tackle, linebacker, edge rusher, cornerback, receiver, punter and right tackle.
- At defensive tackle, Bair mentions that the Raiders could take either Vita Vea or Maurice Hurst in round one.
- As for free agent LB NaVorro Bowman, Bair says that the Raiders met with his agent at the Combine and have made it clear that they want him back. If the Raiders are to re-sign Bowman, Bair mentions that Oakland would likely have to rework some things in order to create cap space for him. Otherwise, Georgia’s Roquan Smith could be a draft target.