Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Draft, Bears, Bengals, Panthers & Ravens
NFL Notes: Draft, Bears, Bengals, Panthers & Ravens
- A high-ranking NFC personnel executive tells Bucky Brooks that Miami QB Brad Kaaya “slow-footed” and “non-athletic” as a playmaker from the pocket. The executive questioned Kaaya’s pocket awareness and said that he’s an “average quarterback” who “needs a clean pocket to throw” from.
- Brooks can see Washington WR John Ross developing into a T.Y. Hilton-like playmaker in the NFL. An NFC scout tells Brooks that he considers Washington to be “one of the most polished receivers” with the potential to be a “true No. 1” receiver.
- Bears OLB Pernell McPhee (PUP, knee) returned to practice for the first time on Friday. The Bears will have three weeks to activate McPhee from the PUP list and could do as early as next week but coach John Fox has not put timetable on his return. (Brad Biggs)
- The Bears have QB Jay Cutler listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game. (Zach Zaidman)
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera told reporters QB Cam Newton is expected to start “barring a setback.” (Steve Reed)
- Rivera mentioned that they’re “leaning” toward bringing CB Lou Young up from their practice squad. (Joe Person)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said OLB Elvis Dumervil‘s foot injury won’t keep him out for the year but he lacked explosiveness when he came back for two games. Harbaugh added that there currently isn’t a timetable for Dumervil to return. (Jamison Hensley)
Tags Brad Kaaya Cam Newton Elvis Dumervil Jay Cutler John Ross Lou Young Pernell McPhee Tyler Eifert