Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Draft, Bears, Bills & Packers
NFL Notes: Draft, Bears, Bills & Packers
- According to Matt Miller of B/R, it’s becoming more and more clear that Texas A&M’s Myles Garrett is “head-and-shoulders above the rest of this draft class.” A scout tells Miller that he believes Garrett is a “generational talent.“
- An anonymous scout told Emily Kaplan of TheMMQB.com that UCLA pass-rusher Takkarist McKinley “could be the next DeMarcus Ware.”
- An NFC scout tells Daniel Jeremiah that next year’s group of safeties is one of the best in years: “If you need a safety, there’s no excuse for you to leave this draft without one.”
- Jeremiah mentions that positions with limited talent including wide receiver, offensive tackle and quarterback.
- An AFC personnel executive tells Bucky Brooks that Notre Dame QB DaShone Kizer has the several things you’re looking for at quarterback, but there are questions about whether he’s ready to make the jump to the NFL: “He has all of the traits that you look for at the position: size, athleticism, IQ and arm talent. But you have to see if he is ready for the jump. Is he ready to be the guy?“
- Jason Cole reports that the Bears will be forced to go back to Jay Cutler as their starting quarterback after Brian Hoyer suffered a broken left arm during Thursday night’s loss to the Packers.
- According to Cole, the Bears were hoping to move on from Cutler year. However, a source tells Cole that Chicago is still likely to move on from him next year.
- Bills HC Rex Ryan told reporters Friday that they aren’t ruling out RB LeSean McCoy for Week 7’s game: “We’re not ruling Shady out at all. We’ll be smart with him, but he looked pretty good [today].” (Mike Rodak)
- The Bills have WR Robert Woods (foot) listed as doubtful for Week 7 against the Dolphins.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that there’s “growing concern” over WR Jordy Nelson and his return from an ACL tear from the Packers.
- Nelson managed to catch just a single pass during Thursday night’s win over the Bears, even though the Packers threw the ball a staggering amount.
Tags Brian Hoyer DaShone Kizer Jay Cutler Jordy Nelson LeSean McCoy Myles Garrett Robert Woods Takkarist McKinley