- Tony Pauline reports that LSU OL La’El Collins met with the Giants, Browns, 49ers and Saints last week.
- Bears DE/OLB Jared Allen mentioned that he was diagnosed with a herniated disc in his back following the season. (Chicago Tribune)
“He made a big jump as a player, and I think he’s earned the right to walk in to the offseason program — the OTAs — and line up as our starter,” Kubiak said, via DenverBroncos.com. “But he’s got to continue to earn it on a daily basis.
“I think he’s shown he has all the ability to be an excellent starter in this league, so we’re really looking forward to working with him.”
- Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer expects the Browns to continue to look for upgrades at quarterback, which includes either trading up for Oregon’s Marcus Mariota or trying to acquire Sam Bradford from the Eagles.
- However, Cabot mentions that the Browns are likely prepared to start Josh McCown this year if they can’t land either player.
- Tony Pauline fully expects the Vikings to grab a linebacker in the second, third, or fourth round of the draft.