Lance Zierlein of NFL.com spoke to a number of scouts regarding some draft prospects.
- Former NFL GM Phil Savage compared Alabama WR Amari Cooper to former Colts WR Marvin Harrison.
- An NFC Director of Scouting said that USC DT Leonard Williams could be the next Kevin Williams.
- According to Zierlein, Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong doesn’t have any one trait that stands out as being “awe-inspiring,” but scouts reportedly “love the entirety of his game.”
Former Bills HC Doug Marrone said he left his previous job without any assurances of a new position.
“[I]n this profession, you can’t really have that. You really don’t know,” Marrone said, via the Associated Press. “It’s a league where anything can happen.”
- Bears hired Stan Drayton as running backs coach.
- Buccaneers hired Butch Barry as assistant offensive line coach.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Seahawks S Earl Thomas is undergoing surgery to repair a fully torn labrum.
- According to Schefter, Thomas will be 100 percent by the start of training camp.