An NFL regional scout tells Lance Zierlein of NFL.com that Texas RB D’Onta Foreman “killed” his Pro Day workout after posting two 4.45-second 40-yard dash times, a 34-inch vertical jump and 10-foot broad jump all at 233 pounds.
“(D’Onta) Foreman killed it, man,” the scout said. “I’m telling you there was nobody who thought he would run like that and then put up that 3-cone time. I’ve been on Team Foreman from early on and I’m hoping this will get some people in the building on my side now.”
- FAU DL Trey Hendrickson had dinner with the Lions and met with the Ravens. He also has a workout scheduled with the Saints and will visit with the Cardinals. (Tony Pauline)
- The Bills reportedly “think highly” of Boise State LB Tanner Vallejo. (Tony Pauline)
- Houston CB Brandon Wilson will take a pre-draft visit and meet with the Raiders. (Tony Pauline)
- The Bills have a workout scheduled with Grand Valley State TE Brandon Barnes. (Tony Pauline)
- Texans offensive line coach Mike Devlin worked out Bucknell OT Julie’n Davenport on Friday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Miami P Justin Vogel will attend the Buccaneers’ local workout. (Greg Auman)
- Brad Biggs points that even after cutting former second-round pick DL Ego Ferguson on Friday (NFLTR), the Bears’ offseason roster is still at 77 players.
- Chicago currently has seven draft picks to work with this year and will sign undrafted free agents, so it’s possible that a few more cuts could be coming.
- Field Yates reports that the Cardinals paid out deferred signing bonuses to DB Tyrann Mathieu ($7.75 million) and QB Carson Palmer ($4.5 million).
- Veteran NFL coach Gunther Cunningham is leaving the Lions’ staff to become the Director of Football Oversight for Pro Football Focus. (Tim Twentyman)