NFL Notes: Draft, Bears, Lions, Titans, Vikings
- Oregon State OL Sean Harlow is scheduled to visit the Browns and Saints within the next week. (Dane Brugler)
- According to Tony Pauline, the Jets were in attendance at Oregon State’s Pro Day and met with WR Victor Bolden.
- The Dolphins interviewed Oregon State DB Devin Chappell at his Pro Day.
- Pauline also writes that the Falcons are one of “many teams” that are interested in OL Dustin Stanton, while the Jets are also reportedly interested in him.
- Pauline reports that Western Oregon TE Andrey Avgi met with the Dolphins after his Pro Day and is gaining interest from the Browns.
- The Giants are scheduled to host Arizona State WR/return specialist Tim White for a visit, according to Pauline.
- Pauline expects Arizona State K Zane Gonzalez as the first kicker to be selected in the 2017 NFL Draft and has already had private workouts with the Browns, Vikings, and Chiefs.
- Although Jeff Dickerson of ESPN views LSU S Jamal Adams and Ohio State S Malik Hooker as intriguing prospects for the Bears at No. 3 overall, he believes Chicago’s best scenario would be to trade down.
- Dickerson also names Stanford DE Solomon Thomas as another prospect to keep an eye on for the Bears given DC Vic Fangio‘s connection to Stanford.
- Ohio State CB Marshon Lattimore is rumored to be “high” on the Bears’ draft board but Dickerson believes it would make more sense for Chicago to trade down if they were to draft him.
- As for the team recently sending a contingent to Clemon QB Deshaun Watson‘s Pro Day, Dickerson does not think this is a smokescreen, but he still does not expect them to draft Watson at No. 3 overall. However, Dickerson mentions that Watson could be an option if Chicago trades down from No. 3 or trades back into the first round.
- Though Michael Rothstein of ESPN could see the Lions re-signing WR Anquan Boldin, he does not think Detroit should bring him because he is turning 37-years old and the team would be better off focusing on getting younger at the position.
- In addition, Rothstein thinks Boldin remaining on the roster would prevent WRs T.J. Jones and Jace Billingsley from both getting a good opportunity to compete for the slot receiver role.
- Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site expects the team to add to their receiving corps in the coming months through the draft or by exploring “other options.”
- Wyatt views Lousiana Tech S Xavier Woods as a possible late-round prospect for the Titans to consider.
- Wyatt believes the Titans could still be in play for LSU S Jamal Adams if Titans GM Jon Robinson is intrigued by him, even though they signed S Johnathan Cyprien in free agency.
- Wyatt does not think the Titans would consider re-signing OL Byron Bell as a backup center option.
- According to Darren Wolfson, the Vikings inquired about recently acquired Bills WR Andre Holmes but were never serious about signing him.
Tags Andre Holmes Anquan Boldin Byron Bell Deshaun Watson Jace Billingsley Jamal Adams Johnathan Cyprien Malik Hooker Marshon Lattimore Sean Harlow Solomon Thomas TJ Jones Vic Fangio Xavier Woods Zach Pascal