- Alabama HC Nick Saban confirmed Friday that OT Cam Robinson, WR ArDarius Stewart and CB Marlon Humphrey are all entering the 2017 NFL draft. (Matt Zenitz)
Texans HC Bill O’Brien mentioned during an interview with Mike Silver of NFL Media that we’ll see what happens in regards to his future in Houston.
“I got home the other night and my wife (Colleen) asks me, ‘Where are we living next year?’ ” O’Brien said. “Look, things are out there, and you can’t control everything that’s out there. I signed a five-year contract when I came here. I’ve enjoyed coaching here. We like living here. So at the end of the day, the Houston Texans are a place that we enjoy working.
“Whatever the future holds, it holds, but like I said, I have two years left on my contract, so we’ll see what happens.“
- Silver reports that a breakup between the Texans and O’Brien is still a possibility, even though the Texans have made it the Divisional Round of the playoffs. According to Silver, it would be somewhat surprising to see the Texans fire O’Brien.
- Should O’Brien end up being available, Silver mentions that 49ers owner Jed York is likely to have interest in him. However, the 49ers may not be willing to part with a draft pick in a trade for O’Brien.
- New Bills HC Sean McDermott was noncommittal regarding the future of QB Tyrod Taylor during his introductory press conference on Friday. McDermott did say that he plans to methodically evaluate Taylor in the coming weeks. (Mike Rodak)
- McDermott announced that they will be retaining special teams coordinator Danny Crossman. (Joe Buscaglia)
- McDermott confirmed that GM Doug Whaley will have control of the 53-man roster and added that he is “very comfortable with the situation.” (Mike Rodak)
- In regards to the reports that they’ve hired Leslie Frazier as defensive coordinator and Juan Castillo as OL coach, McDermott said nothing has been finalized. (Mike Rodak)