Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Draft, Bills, Broncos, Colts, Eagles
NFL Notes: Draft, Bills, Broncos, Colts, Eagles
- Virginia Tech CB Kendall Fuller is visiting the Jets on Monday and will meet with the Panthers on Wednesday. (Rand Getlin)
- Boston College LB Steven Daniels is visiting with the Redskins this week and has previously worked out for the Saints, Browns and Colts. (Tony Pauline)
- Nebraska OL Zach Sterup took a pre-draft visit to the Giants. (Brett Tessler)
- A source told Les Bowen that Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith‘s recheck showed a drop-foot problem, caused by nerve damage, and hasn’t improved since the combine.
- Oregon DE DeForest Buckner told SiriusXM NFL Radio that the Chargers, Cowboys, Jaguars, and Titans are teams that he’s visited that have showed strong interest.
- Buckner added that he’s comfortable playing in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.
- Sources tell Matt Maiocco that Cal QB Jared Goff is visiting the 49ers, Monday, in Santa Clara.
- Bills S Aaron Williams said that doctors “shaved” the C4-C5 vertebrae down in his neck to help the nerves and that it wasn’t a fusion. (Tyler Dunne)
- Williams also said that if his neck is hurting, and he can’t push it, then he’ll be smart. (Tyler Dunne)
- Williams also added that looking back, he knows he returned too soon last season.
- Broncos RFA LB Brandon Marshall is participating in voluntary workouts on Monday, despite not signing his restricted tender.
- Ian Rapoport adds that Marshall will sign a waiver to allow him to participate in the sessions.
- According to Stephen Holder, the Colts have interest in drafting an middle linebacker and have conducted private workouts with Alabama LB Reggie Ragland and Clemson LB B.J. Goodson.
- Peter King of TheMMQB.com writes that there has been “too much talk around the Eagles (eighth overall pick) trying to get up for a quarterback to dismiss it.“
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson told reporters that he doesn’t expect DT Fletcher Cox to be in attendance for the start of minicamp this week. (Tim McManus)
- Eagles executive Howie Roseman did say that they intend keep Cox in Philadelphia long term, but added that these situations some times take time. (Derrick Gunn)
- Roseman added that they have no plans to trade Cox: “Fletcher Cox is going to be our team. We’re not trading Fletcher Cox.” (Zach Berman)
- Roseman did say that they were doing due diligence by talking to the Titans about trading up for the No. 1 pick. (Jeff McLane)
- However, Roseman wouldn’t confirm or deny that they made an attempt to trade up to No. 1 overall. (Tim McManus)
- Roseman mentioned that not having second-round pick “changes the ammunition you have of you’re looking to move up.” (Tim McManus)
- Roseman referred to Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott as a “complete back.” (Zach Berman)
- Pederson said he was “pleasantly surprised” after working out Penn St. QB Christian Hackenberg. (Reuben Frank)
Tags aaron williams B.J. Goodson Brandon Marshall Christian Hackenberg DeForest Buckner Ezekiel Elliott Fletcher Cox Jared Goff Jaylon Smith Kendall Fuller Reggie Ragland Steven Daniels Zach Sterup