- Florida State RB Dalvin Cook declared that he will forego his Senior year of eligibility to enter the 2017 NFL Draft. (Wayne McGahee)
- Woody Wommack of Rivals.com reports that Tennessee WR Josh Malone is expected to enter the 2017 NFL Draft and will make an official announcement next week.
- UTEP RB Aaron Jones will forgo his final year of college eligibility to enter the 2017 NFL Draft. (Andy Morgan)
“He is right, discipline has been an issue,” McCoy said, via Pro Football Talk. “I just think players need to take accountability for their own actions.”
Although, McCoy did not criticize former HC Rex Ryan, he said interim HC Anthony Lynn is a capable replacement.
“I like Rex,” McCoy said. “The good thing about coach Lynn is they’re putting the team in the hands of a responsible, accountable coach.”
- Greg Auman would not be surprised to see the Buccaneers sign WR Mike Evans to a long-term extension this offseason, which would likely lead to him becoming one of the league’s highest-paid receivers.
Panthers HC Ron Rivera said he has no plans to make any changes to his coaching staff this offseason.
“Remember, it’s the same group that was 15-1, same group that led the league in scoring,” Rivera said, via Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review. “And in the last five years, we’ve had a top-10 defense. So as I look it and break things down, yeah, there’s some things that we have to work on and change. You guys heard me talk about evolving. We have to.”
- Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site expects QB Marcus Mariota to be completely recovered from his fractured fibula in time for the start of next season.
- Wyatt considers the Titans’ top two positional needs this offseason to be wide receiver and cornerback.