Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Draft, Bills, Colts, Rams, & Saints
NFL Notes: Draft, Bills, Colts, Rams, & Saints
- Ohio State S Malik Hooker announced on Twitter that he will forgo his final years of college eligibility to enter the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Bills GM Doug Whaley said he and executive Jim Monos will lead the team’s search for a new head coach, while owner Terry Pegula will make the final decision: “It will fall squarely on my shoulders and [player personnel director] Jim Monos.” (Mike Roda)
- Regarding former HC Rex Ryan, Whaley said the move was a Bills’ decision “by committee.“
- Whaley went on to say that he had no input on Ryan’s firing and that it was Pegula’s choice to dismiss him.
- As for Bills QB Tyrod Taylor‘s standing with the team, Whaley said: “It’s going to be a decision by myself, ownership, and our new coach.”
- Whaley mentioned that Taylor would have played in Week 17 if the Bills were in playoff contention. (Andy Siciliano)
- Although Colts HC Chuck Pagano said he has yet to meet with owner Jim Irsay, he plans to be back in Indianapolis next year and added that he has “no reason to doubt” he’ll return. (Andrew Siciliano)
- According to Josina Anderson, one source within the Colts commented on his and the coaching staff’s job security, saying: “All I can say is, it’s good now bc I haven’t heard anything yet. Just waiting.”
- According to Mike Silver, all of the Rams assistants have been informed that they are free to seek outside employment.
- Saints QB Drew Brees said he intends to play out the remaining year on his contract and will let things progress from there. He went on to add that this decision is not made from a lack of commitment. (Nick Underhill)
- Saints DT Sheldon Rankins‘ MRI on Monday revealed he suffered a strained Achilles injury but it is not considered a serious issue. (Josh Katzenstein)
Tags Chuck Pagano David Johnson Doug Whaley Drew Brees Jim Irsay Jim Monos Malik Hooker Rex Ryan Sheldon Rankins Terrence Pegula Tyrod Taylor