- NFL sources tell Matt Miller of B/R that have no reservations at all regarding LSU RB Leonard Fournette being a first-round pick next year.
- Miller spoke with two area scouts who both believe Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield has warranted an undrafted-free-agent grade.
- An AFC senior scout tells Miller that OSU QB J.T. Barrett won’t be playing quarterback in the NFL.
Bills GM Doug Whaley said he thinks QB Tyrod Taylor has been even better for them this season.
“I think he’s better,” Whaley said on WGR 550, via NewYorkUpstate.com. “The one thing you can definitely hang your hat on is he does not turn the ball over. The other thing that we’re seeing now is like I said, he’s doing whatever it takes to get this team to put points on the board. That’s what it takes. Until they change the rules, if we score more points than the other team, let’s just figure out a way to do that. So I think he’s just continuing to get better and better.”
- Bills DT Marcell Dareus is officially listed as doubtful for Week 6’s game against the 49ers. (Joe Buscaglia)
Regarding the Cowboys’ quarterback situation, owner Jerry Jones mentioned that it’s a “great issue to have.”
“I do have to say one more time, this is an absolute great thing to have this issue,” Jones said, per Jon Machota.
- Jones said that he expects CB Orlando Scandrick (hamstrings) back after the bye week. (Jon Machota)
- Jones said of WR Dez Bryant the odds of him playing on Sunday. “I’d like to see him go. I do know he’s getting a lot of work in.” (Jon Machota)
- According to Jeff Zrebiec, it looks unlikely that the Ravens have any of WR Steve Smith, G Marshal Yanda, LB C.J. Mosley, OLB Elvis Dumervil or WR/KR Devin Hester available for Sunday’s game against the Giants.