- Tennessee LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin previously met with the Titans and Lions and has completed workouts for the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Bengals are traveling to work out Ohio DT Casey Sayles at his school on Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Patriots worked out Central Florida DB Shaquill Griffin and CB D.J. Killings on Thursday. (Greg Auman)
- Delaware OL Connor Bozick worked out for the Redskins. (Aaron Wilson)
- Connecticut S Obi Melifonwu met privately with the Patriots at his school on Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Bills HC Sean McDermott said the team continues to “methodically” evaluate their decision regarding WR Sammy Watkins‘ fifth-year option. McDermott acknowledged that Watkins’ recovery from foot surgery is “one factor.” (Mike Rodak)
- McDermott added that “not much” will change in Watkins’ health over next two weeks.
- According to McDermott, it’s “not at all true” that GM Doug Whaley‘s role has been diminished since he was hired. McDermot said that decisions are a “team effort” and there is “open air communication.” (Mike Rodak)
- Regarding the possibility of matching the Patriots’ offer sheet to RFA RB Mike Gillislee, McDermott said: “We’re still going through the process.” (Mike Rodak)
- According to Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Consitution, the Falcons are not expected to decide on whether to re-sign veteran free agent DE Dwight Freeney until after the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Although the Falcons “remain confident” that they will be able to get a deal done with RB Devonta Freeman, Schultz doesn’t expect a deal “anytime soon.”
- Schultz mentions that the Falcons have “red-lined” Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon and he isn’t on their draft board.
- Lions GM Bob Quinn said the team is “open for business” regarding possible trades during the 2017 NFL Draft and teams have begun contacting them: “The phone’s been ringing a little bit. I’m sure that’ll heat up here in the next four or five days.” (Carlos Monarrez)
- Quinn added that the team is looking at a “number” of different positions and he would like to find the best player available that also meshes with their needs.
- According to Quinn, it’s possible the upcoming draft could affect their decision regarding whether to pick up TE Eric Ebron‘s fifth-year option: “It’s a possibility. We’re still in the process of evaluating.” (Kyle Meinke)