Home Broncos NFL Notes: Draft, Broncos, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Steelers
- Washington WR John Ross will visit with the Eagles at some between Saturday’s pro day and his shoulder surgery that’s scheduled today. (Chase Goodbread)
- Alabama OLB Ryan Anderson was in Philadelphia on Monday for a pre-draft visit with the Eagles. (Matt Zenitz)
- UNLV DE Jeremiah Valoaga has a private visit with the Lions lined up. (Aaron Wilson)
- Vanderbilt C Barrett Gouger will meet with the Dolphins. (Aaron Wilson)
- Cameron Wolfe expects the Broncos to target cornerback help in the draft, which is considered to be a deep class of defensive backs this year. Wolfe adds that this became a larger need for Denver now that Kayvon Webster has agreed to a contract with the Rams.
- Jenna Laine reports that Buccaneers G J.R. Sweezy will receive $5 million guaranteed for the 2017 season and $2.5 million of his base salary became fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year (March 13). Beyond that Sweezy also got a $2.5 million roster bonus yesterday.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned in an interview 710 ESPN that they plan to make a “concerted effort” to ensure newly signed RB Eddie Lacy stays in shape this summer after a report surfaced that he weighed in at 267 pounds during a recent visit. Carroll said of Lacy: “I want him big.” (Sheil Kapadia)
- Carroll added that they believe the one-year contracts they gave to Lacy and OL Luke Joeckel should motivate them, but they’re still hoping to eventually sign both players to long-term deals. (Bob Condotta)