Mike Silver of NFL Media reports that Cal QB Jared Goff will visit with the Saints, Eagles and Jets this week.
- The Chargers are hosting Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil for a pre-draft visit on Monday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Clemson pass rusher Kevin Dodd was among large group of prospects who visited the 49ers on Saturday. (Matt Maiocco)
- Dave Birkett mentions Samford CB James Bradberry as an intriguing name to watch for the Lions, given his size and the fact that DBs coach Tony Oden ran his pro day.
A former NFL executive believes HC Hue Jackson is “a very bad fit” for the approach the Browns’ new analytical approach towards rebuilding the franchise.
“It’s not just Hue Jackson,” the former executive said in an extensive ESPN.com article. “When data overrides gut, the majority of his coaching staff will all be there screaming, ‘What the f— are these computer guys doing? They don’t understand football, they don’t understand the locker room. They’re killing us.‘”
- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said that they have tried to keep backup QB Mike Glennon up to date regarding any potential trade activity. (Roy Cummings)
- Koetter mentioned that they would still like to keep Glennon, despite all the trade talk in recent weeks. (Roy Cummings)
- The Arizona Cardinals announced Monday that they’ve hired former Pro Bowl S Adrian Wilson as a scout.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that even with the recent acquisition of LT Ryan Clady, the Jets could still use a high pick on an offensive tackle.
- Cimini mentions that an ideal candidate for the Jets would be a right tackle who has the athleticism to eventually transition to left tackle at some point.
- Some names who could fit the Jets, according to Cimini, are Ohio State’s Taylor Decker and Texas A&M’s Germain Ifedi.
- In regards to possibly re-signing QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cimini says that their offer to Fitz isn’t based on their available cap space and is actually higher than the $7 million-to-$8 million per year that has been reported.