Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Draft, Browns, Falcons, Saints
NFL Notes: Draft, Browns, Falcons, Saints
- Wisconsin OT Ryan Ramczyk was visited by Texans line coach Mike Devlin and his combine medical recheck reportedly went “very well.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Utah OT Garett Bolles is visiting with the Bengals on Friday. (Adam Caplan)
- The Broncos visited with Temple OL Dion Dawkins. (Mike Klis)
- The Broncos also hosted New Mexico QB Austin Apodaca, Mines OT Justin Taxinger, and Northern Colorado WR Stephen Miller at their local prospect day. (Mike Klis)
- The Bears worked out Northern Illinois QB Drew Hare on Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Illinois OL Cameron Lee recently spent two days meeting with the Bears, including having dinner with OL coach Jeremiah Washburn and then spoke with GM Ryan Pace, HC John Fox and other members of the staff the next day.
- While reports recently surfaced that Browns HC Hue Jackson prefers to take a quarterback like UNC’s Mitch Trubisky at No. 1 overall, Mary Kay Cabot has confirmed with sources Jackson is in the Myles Garrett camp and hasn’t changed his stance on the Texas A&M defensive end.
- Cabot admits that it’s possible the Browns have had some debates about whether to take Garrett or Trubisky, but points out that if they elect to pass on the consensus No. 1 player for a quarterback and he doesn’t pan out, “heads will roll before long and the coach is usually the first to go.”
- One scenario that could make sense Cleveland would before them to take Garrett to open the draft and then pursue a trade back up the board to get Trubisky. Cabot mentions that the one issue with this is that they may have to go all the way back up to No. 2 overall. Just last year, the Eagles gave the Browns their No. 8 pick, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder to move up six spots, so you can expect this to be very costly for the Browns.
- There has been talk of a rift between the Browns’ analytic department and the coaching staff. Cabot says she spoke with one executive a few weeks ago who mentioned that he sensed this while a separate source later confirmed that a rift exists between the two.
- The Falcons worked out Kansas State DE Jordan Willis last weekend. (Vaughn McClure)
- James Madison DT Taylor Reynolds visited the Falcons on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Louisiana-Lafayette RB Elijah McGuire had an official visit with the Falcons on Thursday. (Tony Pauline)
- Oklahoma DT Charles Walker is participating in the Saints local day today. (Ian Rapoport)
- LSU linebacker Duke Riley is participating in the Saints local day today. (Herbie Teope)
- Tulane DT Tanzel Smart and LSU WR Travin Dural are also participating in the Saints local Pro Day. (Herbie Teope)
Tags Austin Apodaca Cameron Lee Charles Walker Dion Dawkins Drew Hare Duke Riley Elijah McGuire Garett Bolles Hue Jackson Jordan Willis Justin Taxinger Mitch Trubisky Myles Garrett Ryan Ramczyk Stephen Miller Tanzel Smart Taylor Reynolds Travin Dural