Home / Buccaneers / NFL Notes: Draft, Buccaneers, Eagles, Falcons, Jaguars
NFL Notes: Draft, Buccaneers, Eagles, Falcons, Jaguars
- One NFL GM tells Matt Miller of B/R that UNC QB Mitch Trubisky is a “top-five lock.”
- Miller spoke to one scout this week who said he has Miami QB Brad Kaaya graded as a day-three pick.
- According to Miller, a rival GM believes the Bills will draft a quarterback in the first two rounds: “They’ll draft one in the first two rounds, and if I had to pick it’d be [Deshaun] Watson based on what [Doug Whaley] likes and how he thinks.”
- An NFL scout tells Miller that the rest of the NFL is catching up on Utah OT Garett Bolles, whom he considers to be the best offensive tackle in this year’s draft class.
- A GM who spoke to Miller said he could see four running backs being selected in the first round — Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara and Christian McCaffrey.
- Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Buccaneers have hired Skyler Fulton as an offensive assistant.
- While $3 million of Jaguars TE Julius Thomas‘ $7M salary becomes fully guaranteed if he’s on their roster as of 4 pm EST Friday, Jason La Canfora reports that the team doesn’t sound inclined to release him.
- Although, La Canfora says that other teams were assuming Thomas would be released, considering that he’s been paid $21 million the past two years for limited production.
Tags Alvin Kamara Brad Kaaya Bryant Young Christian McCaffrey Dalvin Cook Deshaun Watson Garett Bolles Julius Thomas Leonard Fournette Mitch Trubisky Mychal Kendricks Skyler Fulton