- Chris Mortensen reports that Jameis Winston is still a “50-50″ to throw at the Combine, according to his QBs coach George Whitfield Jr.
- According to Mortensen, is sounds like Winston wants to throw, but it’s being discussed right now.
- Lindsay Jones reports that Colorado State QB Garrett Grayson tweaked his hamstring in training and will not work out at the NFL Scouting Combine this week.
- Buccaneers HC Lovie Smith confirmed that they have looked at Florida State QB Jameis Winston’s off-field issues and “okay with where he is.
“But from what I know right now, yeah, we’re okay with where he is,” Smith said, per Rick Stroud.
“I’m looking forward to getting to know not only Jameis but Marcus, too,” Smith said.
- Smith also said that moving forward with Mike Glennon as their quarterback “gives the team the best chance to win.” (Around the NFL)
- Smith added that all options are still on the table, but “The plan is to move forward with Mike.” (Around the NFL)
- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said of free agent OLB Jason Worilds: “Maybe he comes back, maybe he moves on. … We’d love to have him back if it all fits.” (Aaron Wilson)
Vikings GM Rick Spielman said that: “We expect Adrian Peterson to be a part of our football team.”
“I think our whole organization is on that same page (about wanting Peterson back),’’ Spielman said, via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “What team wouldn’t want an Adrian Peterson talent? He’s unique player that you don’t see come around too often and Adrian’s been a key part of our organization. He’s made a mistake. He’s doing everything and he’s got to follow through and rectify and do the things the NFL is requiring him to do.”
“He’s made a mistake. He’s doing everything and he’s got to follow through and rectify and do the things the NFL is requiring him to do.”