- Mike Garafolo reports that Eagles HC Chip Kelly worked out New Hampshire WR R.J. Harris.
- According to Pat Yasinskas of ESPN, the Buccaneers owners remain high on HC Lovie Smith, even after he produced a 2-14 record last year.
- Yasinskas writes that the Bucs could still sign free agent C Stefen Wisniewski and/or G Dan Connolly.
- Yasinskas adds that there is a “very strong possibility” of the Buccaneers targeting defensive and offensive line help in the draft.
- Yasinskas mentions that the best-case scenario for Tampa Bay in regards to trading QB Mike Glennon would be for them to secure a third-round pick. However, a fourth- or fifth-round pick might be more realistic, according to Yasinskas.
- Mike DiRocco of ESPN believes the Jaguars need to add an interior lineman that could possibly start and “push” the rest of the players along the offensive line.
- DiRocco mentions free agent C Stefen Wisniewski as a veteran option for Jacksonville, but ultimately thinks they will draft a player.
- DiRocco considers OT Luke Joeckel to be a “disappointment” so far, and believes he needs to become “bigger and stronger and with better footwork.“
- GM David Caldwell said that there has been no progress regarding WR Justin Blackmon‘s possible reinstatement.
- DiRocco views Florida OLB Dante Fowler Jr, Missouri DE Shane Ray, and Clemson DE Vic Beasley as good fits for the Jaguars defense.
- According to DiRocco, QB Chad Henne will continue to be the Jaguars’ backup quarterback, and he could be re-signed after this season.
- DiRocco believes the Jaguars will target a pass-rusher and a running back for their first two draft picks.
- DiRocco thinks the Jaguars would have a “hard time” passing on USC DL Leonard Williams if he is available at their No. 3 pick.
- Linebackers Jeremiah George and Khairi Fortt are expected to compete for a roster spot, and should earn time on the special teams unit.
Manish Mehta reports that FSU QB Jameis Winston will be making a pre-draft visit to the Jets.
The Jets reportedly cancelled a private workout with the former Winston after his Pro Day session.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN believes GM Mike Maccagnan will inquire about possibly trading up. However, Cimini doesn’t seen them moving up to the first or second overall pick.
- Cimini thinks the Jets would trade their No. 6 pick if the Browns offered their No. 12 and No. 19 overall picks to obtain QB Marcus Mariota.
- Cimini can still see the Jets considering a running back in this year’s draft given that Stevan Ridley, Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell all have expiring deals.
- In the event that Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon drops to No. 37 overall, Cimini would be “all over him in a New York minute.“
- Cimini prefers Alabama WR Amari Cooper to West Virginia WR Kevin White and Iowa OL Brandon Scherff with the sixth overall pick.
- Albert Breer reports that the Rams will work out Florida State QB Jameis Winston in Tallahassee and Oregon QB Marcus Mariota in Eugene next week.