- Chris Mortensen reports that Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph has been scratched from the 2018 Senior Bowl due to a foot injury and Nebraska QB Tanner Lee will take his roster spot.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Rudolph’s left foot sprain won’t require surgery and is now stable. Rudolph was hoping to be cleared to play in the Senior Bowl, but this sprain will likely require another two weeks to heal.
- Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst has been told that an “unusual amount” of offensive linemen will be invited to this year’s NFL Combine.
- Pauline adds that “several players” have been told they are on the bubble for an invitation to the combine, while those who play on the offensive line will have an advantage in getting the final invites.
- Regarding Arizona CB Dane Cruikshank, Pauline writes that the cornerback has had his schedule “full with interviews” while the Jets and Lions are two confirmed team’s who have spoken to him.
- According to Hughes, Bowles made offensive suggestions to Morton “several times” to run the ball more and he did not like Morton’s pass-oriented scheme, especially in short-yardage situations.
- Albert Breer writes that QBs coach Jeremy Bates is the “overwhelming favorite” to replace Morton.
- Jason La Canfora mentions Lions QBs coach Brian Callahan has been “coveted” as an offensive coordinator from teams around the NFL for the past two years.
- Although, La Canfora says that the Lions want to keep Callahan and are “still inclined” to retain him on Matt Patricia‘s staff once he’s officially hired.
- According to La Canfora, the Jets “would’ve hired” Callahan last offseason if he was available.