Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Draft, Chargers, Chiefs, Jets, & Texans
NFL Notes: Draft, Chargers, Chiefs, Jets, & Texans
- Tony Pauline reports that Boise State RB Jay Ajayi had individual and private meetings with the 49ers, Vikings and Jaguars on Wednesday.
- Lance Zierlein of NFL.com spoke with an NFL personnel man who was at the Baylor Pro Day yesterday and believes QB Bryce Petty could be drafted as high as the early portion of the second round.
- Joel Corry points out that if the Chargers were to trade QB Philip Rivers to the Titans in deal that included No. 2 overall pick, Rivers would have the leverage to become the NFL’s highest paid player.
- The Chiefs signed G Ben Grubbs to a restructure contract that will convert $5.6 million of 2015 base salary to a fully guaranteed roster bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- Grubbs will receive $10.6 million guaranteed in addition to previous $16 million guaranteed before adjustment to his contract. (Aaron Wilson)
- Grubbs has a $900,000 base salary for 2015 to go along with a $2.4 million cap figure.
- He’ll make base salaries of $4.8M (2016), $5.65M (2017), and $6.15M (2018). (Aaron Wilson)
- Jets GM Mike Maccagnan wouldn’t say whether or not CB Dee Milliner (Achilles’) would be ready for the start of the 2015 season. (Manish Mehta)
- The Texans signed WR Cecil Shorts to a tw0-year contract worth $6 million that includes $2.5 million guaranteed. (Tom Pelissero)
Tags Ben Grubbs Bryce Petty Cecil Shorts Dee Milliner Jay Ajayi Osi Umenyiora Philip Rivers