Mike Mayock mentioned Thursday that teams drafting in the latter portion of round one now believe there’s a chance that Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory could fall to them.
“I’ve had a bunch of teams in the bottom half of the first round going, uh oh, we’ve got to be all over this guy from our owner, because you might have to bring him into this conversation, from our owner down to our coaching staff,” Mayock said, via Pro Football Talk.
- Albert Breer reports that Oregon QB Marcus Mariota has visited with the Buccaneers, Titans, Jets and Bears while working out for the Buccaneers, Titans, Jets, Rams, and Chargers.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Iowa OL Brandon Scherff is drawing “heavy interest” from NFL teams drafting between No. 5 – No. 9 overall.
- Eric Branch reports that Washington CB Marcus Peters took 17 pre-draft visits and worked for the Falcons, Panthers, Buccaneers, and Dolphins. Peters also met with the 49ers last week.
- Chargers QB Philip Rivers mentioned during a school visit that he’ll be playing in San Diego next year, and to not listen to the media regarding the trade rumors. (Cameron Curry)
- David Moore of The Dallas Morning News reports that Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham visited with the Cowboys on Wednesday.
- According to Albert Breer, the Jets quietly brought in Oregon QB Marcus Mariota for a visit after working him out privately in Eugene, Oregon.