- Browns spent a “lot of time” with Hobart OL Ali Marpet Wednesday evening. (Tony Pauline)
- Cleveland also interviewed Delaware TE Nick Boyle on Wednesday. (Tony Pauline)
- Colts should a good deal of interest in Clemson LB Stephone Anthony last night. (Tony Pauline)
- Chiefs GM John Dorsey said S Eric Berry is “doing well” as he goes through treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma. (Kansas City Star)
- Jason La Canfora reports Colts assistant on Rob Chudzinski could take a greater role next season now that they have blocked him from interviewing with the 49ers and Colts.
- HC Chuck Pagano is reportedly “very high” on Chudzinski.
- Pete Doughtery of the Green Bay Press Gazette writes that the Packers are likely to move on without Shawn Slocum as their special teams coach next year.
- Patriots HC Bill Belichick said he was “shocked” to learn about the NFL’s finding regarding deflated footballs.
“I was shocked to learn of the news reports of the footballs,” said Belichick. “…I had no knowledge whatsoever of the situation.“
“In my entire coaching career, I have never talked to any player, staff member about football care and pressure,” Belichick said.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Redskins could still end up changing secondary coaches as it’s “hardly guaranteed” that Raheem Morris will be back next year.
- Dianna Marie Russini reports that the Redskins told candidates for their defensive coordinator job that they could bring in any assistants they prefer, and no one has job security on defense.