Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Draft, Jaguars, Cowboys & Jets
NFL Notes: Draft, Jaguars, Cowboys & Jets
- Matt Miller spoke to an NFL source who doesn’t consider Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs to be an NFL caliber passer.
- Miller says that Dobbs still has a lot to prove before he’ll get a shot in the NFL.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Jaguars hosted WR Da’Ron Brown for a visit on Monday.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of WR Dez Bryant‘s knee last night: “Right now, we’re fine with it, but we will give it another look-see with the MRI.” (Ed Werder)
- However, Tuesday morning Jones said that Bryant may have an MRI, but they’re not sure if he’ll get one. (Mike Garafolo)
- Jones mentioned that he’s glad they didn’t trade veteran G Ronald Leary now that La’el Collins is expected to miss a large portion of the season. (Charean Williams)
- In regards to Collins, Jones said it will be a “pain thing” for him, and he most likely will not undergo surgery. (Mike Garafolo)
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence will be ready to go and contribute right away after he finishes serving his four-game suspension.
- Albert Breer reports that TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins had been on Jets’ radar for a while, even before the team claimed him off of waivers on Monday.
- Breer says that the Jets actually discussed as a potential for Seferian-Jenkins back in August, so they’ve clearly done their homework on him.
Tags Austin Seferian-Jenkins Da'Ron Brown Demarcus Lawrence Dez Bryant Josh Dobbs La'el Collins Ronald Leary