- Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net reports that Iowa DT Carl Davis‘ chances of being drafted in round one will likely come down explaining his limited production and concerns that he may have taken plays off in college.
- According to Pauline, there are still some concerns about Baylor QB Bryce Petty’s back.
- NFL teams reportedly have a wide ranging opinions of where Boise State RB Jay Ajayi ranks among this year’s crop of running backs. Pauline mentions that some teams grade him as the second or third rated running back on their board while others have him listed as low as the eighth or ninth back.
- Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports reports the Chiefs have “never been close” to a long-term extension with free agent OLB Justin Houston.
- According to Garafolo, the expectations is still that the Chiefs will franchise Houston in the coming weeks.
- Ed Werder of ESPN reports that if Dez Bryant does in fact receive the franchise tag, he would most likely skip the Cowboys offseason workouts.
- Cowboys LB Dekoda Watson agreed to take a pay cut and reduce his base salary of $1.25 million to $745,000. (Todd Archer)
Joel Corry of CBS Sports suggested that one way for the Seahawks and QB Russell Wilson to work out a team-friendly deal would be for Wilson to take less in terms of total salary in return for a fully guaranteed contract.
“The only way I would be willing to do a hometown discount as a player is if you fully guarantee the deal,’’ Corry said, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. “That would be worth it because of the certainty.’’
Corry suggested a five-year extension that would guarantee Wilson somewhere between $75 million to $80 million.