- Giants owner John Mara told reporters that there is a good chance the fourth preseason game will be eliminated in the next few years. (Bart Hubbuch)
- According to Mara, the Raiders (or any team) relocating to Las Vegas will be a “tough sell” to NFL. (Tom Rock)
- Mara said he’s still hopeful that the Raiders will get something done in Oakland and added that a number of owners feel that’s where they belong. (Bart Hubbuch)
- Mara also mentioned that there’s “a long way to go” before any agreement with NFLPA in Roger Goodell’s discipline powers. (Tom Rock)
- Rand Gelin reports that Boston College DB Justin Simmons has six workouts and/or meetings scheduled with NFL teams including the Lions, Cowboys and Saints.
- Getlin also reports that Cal TE Stephen Anderson has four workouts and/or visits lined up with the Titans, Patriots, Falcons and Texans.
Jones was asked if he thought Hardy could return to the team to which he replied: “He’s a free agent.”
In regards to a followup question about whether they could discuss a new deal with Hardy, Jones clarified: “A free agent we haven’t had discussions with, if you want to say that.”
- Giants owner John Mara said of their future free agency plans: “[C]ertainly don’t see us being this aggressive next year.” (Jordan Raanan)
- According to Mara, one of the team’s three injured defensive backs from last year – Nat Berthe, Bennett Jackson, and Mykkele Thompson – will start for them at free safety in 2016. (Tom Rock)
- Regarding former HC Tom Coughlin, Mara said he had talks with him recently, but nothing has been formalized regarding his role with the organization. (Tom Rock)
Mara also downplayed idea that Coughlin being at the team’s facility is a distraction, while adding: “He’s always welcome there.” (Tom Rock)