- LSU OL La’El Collins said he recently met with the Browns and they told him “you are our favorite for right tackle.” (Dianna Marie Russini)
- Florida OT D.J. Humphries said the draft advisory board told him to go back to school, but he had a gut he should enter the draft. (Bryan Fischer)
Cowboys VP Stephen Jones wouldn’t commit to the idea of restructuring QB Tony Romo‘s deal to free up some additional cap space.
“Theoretically we could [leave it that high],” Jones said, via Todd Archer of ESPN. “Or some form of that.
“I don’t know that it’s break glass in case of emergency,” Jones said. “It’s just how we want to structure things and who do we want to push [money] out on, if anybody, and do we want to push out. Those will be decisions we have to come to grips with.”
- Todd Bowles mentioned that it’s still too early to say if CB Dee Milliner will be ready for offseason workouts. (Around the NFL)
- As of now, the Jets are still evaluating the Percy Harvin situation, according to Bowles. (Rich Cimini)
- Bowles said that they are hoping to re-sign veteran ILB David Harris. (Rich Cimini)
- Bowles mentioned that “it’s possible” they will add a veteran quarterback at some point this offseason. (Rich Cimini)
- Jets GM Mike Maccagnan specifically mentioned the need to add a cornerback: “I would say there’s some good players in this draft pool.” (Around the NFL)
- Lions GM Martin Mayhew said he hasn’t made any determination regarding RB Reggie Bush and his future with the Lions. (Dave Birkett)
- Mayhew mentioned that they’ve yet to make a decision on LT Riley Reiff‘s the fifth-year option. (Michael Rothstein)
- Mayhew said that he’ll meet with K Matt Prater‘s agent in Indianapolis. (Michael Rothstein)
- HC Jack Del Rio mentioned that they plan to move Austin Howard back to right tackle, unless Menelik Watson can beat him out. (Vic Tafur)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said that he’s planning on having veteran WR Steve Smith back next year. (Aaron Wilson)