- Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated expects Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield to be a first-round pick. Breer notes that Mayfield’s off-the-field concerns are “offset” by how the coaches and players at Oklahoma feel about him.
- As for Louisville QB Lamar Jackson, Breer writes that “it would be a surprise” to see him drafted in the first round since evaluators have raised questions about his instincts, anticipation, and ability to process a pro offense. Lastly, scouts believe Jackson is more of a “thrower than passer.”
- Breer says that “not much has changed” regarding the draft stock of USC’s Sam Darnold, UCLA’s Josh Rosen, and Wyoming’s Josh Allen. Breer “definitely” expects Allen and Rosen to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft, while Darnold is more unpredictable since he has not looked at agents or done much of the pre-draft process.
- Breer views SMU WR Courtland Sutton as one of this year’s “most interesting prospects” and has a “good shot” to be drafted ahead of Alabama WR Calvin Ridley and Oklahoma State WR James Washington.
- The Dallas Cowboys officially ruled CB Orlando Scandrick (back), DL David Irving (concussion) and LB Justin Durant (concussion) out of Sunday’s game. against the Raiders.
- Dallas also lists WR Brice Butler (foot), T La’el Collins (back), DT Maliek Collins (foot), TE James Hanna (knee), LB Sean Lee (hamstring, back), T Tyron Smith (back) as questionable for Week 15.
- The Green Bay Packers officially ruled out CB Davon House (back) and have CB Demetri Goodson (hamstring), LB Nick Perry (foot, shoulder), LB Jake Ryan (knee), and T Jason Spriggs (hip) all listed as questionable for Week 15’s game against the Panthers.
- According to Howard Balzer, the Packers brought in CB Alex Carter and WR Colby Pearson for tryouts on Wednesday.
- Green Bay ultimately made the decision to sign Pearson to their practice squad.
- The Houston Texans officially ruled out LB Jelani Jenkins (concussion), T Kendall Lamm (concussion), WR Braxton Miller (concussion), and QB Tom Savage (concussion) for Sunday’s game against the Jaguars.
- Houston also has LB Jadeveon Clowney (knee, illness), WR DeAndre Hopkins (toe), and TE MyCole Pruitt (calf) all listed as questionable for Week 15.