- Dane Brugler is hearing that Oregon QB Marcus Mariota “wowing” teams in his meetings at the Combine.
- Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi said the insurance policy he got from A&M will pay him the difference between his projected draft status last year and this year. (Charean Williams)
- UCLA QB Brett Hundley compared himself to Seahawks QB Russell Wilson.
“Russell Wilson,” Hundley said when asked for a comparison to his game, via NFL.com. “I love what he does on and off the field. On the field, he’s a great leader who speaks to his team and gets the most out of his players. He works well in the system too, he doesn’t turn the ball over and is very consistent with the way he plays.”
- The Ravens are meeting with running back prospects: Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon, Miami’s Duke Johnson, and Northern Iowa’s David Johnson. (Aaron Wilson)
- Cowboys signed P Tom Hornsey on Thursday. (Mike Fisher)
- Bill Williamson writes that the Raiders could be an option for RB Todd Gurley if he’s still on the board in round two or three.
- The domestic-violence charges against Saints DL Junior Galette have been dropped, according to his attorney. (New Orleans Times-Picayune)
- Bob Condotta has confirmed that Seahawks CB Jeremy Lane‘s knee surgery was to repair a torn ACL, and he’s looking at nine-month recovery that will likely keep him out until mid-season or so.