“John Ross is probably the fastest player in college football right now and I think he’s going to end up being a better pro than Brandin Cooks,” the scout said. “(Jake) Browning is a solid quarterback, but Ross is making his life really easy.”
One name worth keeping an eye on, according to an AFC scout who spoke with Zierlein, is Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall.
“I know (Myles) Garrett is the big-name guy but Daeshon Hall is a name that is going to get hot,” the AFC scout said. “I didn’t think he had starting potential when he was an outside ‘backer. Now that he’s bigger and stronger and playing with his hand down, I think he’s a different player. I see him as a second-day (Rounds 2-3) guy.”
- Dolphins DC Vance Joseph made it clear that veteran DE Mario Williams “has to play better.” (James Walker)
- Jason Cole reports that there’s a “strong belief” that Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti had a hand in Marc Trestman’s firing.
- Cole mentions that Bisciotti was at practice more than usual last week and sources have told him that the relationship between Trestman and QB Joe Flacco had become strained.
- It’s worth mentioning that HC John Harbaugh denied that Bisciotti had any role in Trestman’s dismissal this week.
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Vikings signed veteran OT Jake Long to a one-year deal with the minimum salary benefit. This means that Long will count $423,529 against their cap and receives a prorated salary of $885,000.