An NFL personnel man tells Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports that Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon could come off the board ahead of Georgia’s Todd Gurley based on the concerns regarding his torn ACL.
“If it was just a heads-up situation in terms of talent, Gurley would easily be the pick over Gordon,” one NFL personnel man told Yahoo Sports. “But Gurley with Gurley’s knee and some other physical issues, I think Gordon gets taken first. Gurley does have a little bit of an injury history there, with his knee and some ankle stuff. It’s not just his knee that you have to look at.
“[Gurley] is as close to a Willis McGahee situation as there has been in the draft in a while, in terms of the amount of talent involved and how long you’re willing to wait.”
- Robinson reports that most believe WVU WR Kevin White will likely be the first receiver taken in this year’s draft, but the race between him and Alabama WR Amari Cooper is “closer than most think.“
- Charles Robinson has heard from a number of NFL personnel men that Oregon State’s Sean Mannion is the third best QB in this draft.
- The Chiefs are hosting UConn DL B.J. McBryde for a visit on Thursday. (Tony Pauline)
- The Raiders are hosting Miles College CB Travis Lee for a visit. (Tony Pauline)
- The Chargers are hosting Central Michigan WR Titus Davis for a visit on Thursday. (Michael Gehlken)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Falcons are hosting Clemson DE/OLB Vic Beasley and Kentucky DE/OLB Bud Dupree for a visits on Thursday.
- Rapoport adds that the Falcons met with Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory days after the news of his failed drug test broke.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Ravens offered TE Rob Housler a contract worth the veteran’s minimum before he signed with the Browns.
- The Steelers are hosting Stanford CB Alex Carter, Washington CB Marcus Peters and Virginia LB Max Valles for visits. (Bob Labriola)