- Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo is visiting with the Texans on Tuesday after his medical recheck went well on Friday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jenna Laine is hearing that William & Mary LB Luke Rhodes has drawn “significant interest” from the Buccaneers.
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN mentions that if the Jaguars key players are healthy and there are no unforeseen issues, Jacksonville would have a hard time parting with HC Gus Bradley if the win only five games.
- However, DiRocco isn’t sure if they would also be willing to part ways with GM Dave Caldwell.
- DiRocco doesn’t rule out the possibility of them taking Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil at No. 5 overall and then looking for defensive help later on the draft.
- DiRocco can’t see the Jaguars being a fit for free agent DE Greg Hardy, even though he could provide some pass-rush help. DiRocco mentions that the Jaguars have focused on building a good locker room culture, so signing Hardy would likely work against the progress they’ve made.
Manish Mehta reports that franchise DL Muhammad Wilkerson is not expected to attend offseason workouts. According to Mehta, Wilkerson is hoping for either a long-term deal or to be traded.
- Rich Cimini gets the impression that the Jets would still want to re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, even if they traded up for a quarterback in round one. However, Cimini admits that Fitzpatrick could be unwilling to accept an offer to be a bridge for a young quarterback.
- Sources have told Cimini that the Jets are offering Fitzpatrick over $8 million per year in a new deal.
- Mike Reiss believes the Patriots’ recent decision to part ways with three defensive tackles is a pretty good indication that they plan to address the position in this year’s draft.
- Reiss wonders if Texas DT Hassan Ridgeway could be someone worth keeping an eye on for the Patriots.