However, Jackson disputed this during his press conference and said he’s “strictly a quarterback.”
“No team asked me to try out at wide receiver,” Jackson said. “I don’t know where that came from. I’m strictly a quarterback.”
On Saturday, Ian Rapoport reported that NFL teams did, in fact, request that Jackson work out as a receiver, despite his comments.
- Louisville QB Lamar Jackson said he’s met with the Bills, Bears, Steelers, Dolphins, Giants, and Eagles at the Combine. (Kimberly A. Martin)
- Alabama WR Calvin Ridley will meet with the Dolphins, Bears and Ravens on Friday. (Brandon Howard, Jeff Zrebiec, Adam Jahns)
- SMU WR Courtland Sutton and will meet with the Colts. (Stephen Holder)
- TMZ Sports reports that Jaguars DE Dante Fowler has pled no contest to simple battery and mischief charges stemming from a 2017 arrest.
- Mike Kaye mentions that Falcons free agent WR Taylor Gabriel could be a “solid under-the-radar option” for the Jaguars if they move on from Marqise Lee and/or Allen Robinson.
- The Detriot Lions announced that they’ve hired Derius Swinton as an offensive assistant.
- Titans GM Jon Robinson said that the team is “open for business” and that he is always willing to find a capable trade partner: “We’re Open for Business! That’s the one thing that I think I’ve proven over the years, I haven’t been doing this long, but If you can find a willing trade partner & it makes sense for both teams, go for it.” (SiriusXM NFL Radio)