- UCLA DL Owa Odighizuwa will meet with the Patriots Friday night. (Doug Kyed)
- USC DL Leonard Williams will meet with the Tennessee Titans first, who own the No.2 overall pick. (Dane Brugler)
ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that Florida State QB Jameis Winston had further testing done on his shoulder do determine the cause of “weakness” in his throwing arm.
Mortensen mentions that Winston underwent an “electromyography” which will give them an idea what caused by a nerve problem. Typically, this can be an be treated through therapy.
However, Winston’s coach George Whitfield, Jr. said he threw Tuesday in Ann Arbor and has had no problems whatsoever. “If anything, he’s gotten stronger,” Whitfield Jr said, per Rick Stroud.
Whitfield, Jr. added that Winston threw for 90 minutes at Michigan on Tuesday, per Albert Breer.
Similarly, Winston’s agent, Greg Genske, said that “Jameis feels incredibly strong and there is no need for treatment of any kind.“
- “Many” NFL teams already have Oregon QB Marcus Mariota clearly rated ahead of FSU QB Jameis Winston. (Joe Banner)
- The Bears are expected to “stockpile” defensive ends/outside linebackers to fit their new hybrid 3-4 defense. (Jeff Dickerson)
- One such player the team could target with the seventh pick in the draft is Florida DE/OLB Dante Fowler Jr. (Jeff Dickerson)
- Lions GM Martin Mayhew said that the team would “love” to re-sign CB Rashean Mathis. (Justin Rogers)
- On Mathis, Mayhew added that: “He’s been a really good leader for us. He’s done a phenomenal job, I think, working with Darius (Slay).” (Justin Rogers)
- Tony Pauline reports word around the Combine is that the Rams will be targeting linebackers earlier in the draft this year.
- Rams HC Jeff Fisher said that “we’re counting on” Sam Bradford next and called the report that they gave him permission to seek a trade “inaccurate.” (Jim Corbett)
- Fisher said that LT Greg Robinson is recovering from toe surgery. (Around the NFL)
- The Ravens have scheduled meetings with Towson DE Ryan Delaire, Iowa DL Carl Davis, and Kentucky DE Za’Darius Smith. (Aaron Wilson)