- Memphis CB Bobby McCain visited the Colts, and has previously met with the Buccaneers and Patriots. (Aaron Wilson)
- Coastal Carolina OL Chad Hamilton has a private workout with the Eagles on Friday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Colorado State-Pueblo DE/OLB Darius Allen visited/worked out for the Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks, and Cowboys. (Aaron Wilson)
- Aaron Wilson reports that Florida OT D.J. Humphries is visiting with the Lions.
Seahawks GM John Schneider mentioned that they plan to approach negotiations with QB Russell Wilson with caution, as to not impact their other players negatively.
“Every negotiation is unique in and of itself and this is no different,” Schneider told KIRO radio on Wednesday, via Terry Blount of ESPN.com. “He’s our quarterback. We’d love him to be our quarterback. But the thing is we need to keep as many of these guys together as we possibly can. What I can tell you is that this is the ultimate team sport. We have a track record of rewarding our players that we recognize as core players.”
“We want to be a consistent championship-caliber football team, one that the community and the Northwest is extremely proud of every year and has high expectations and hopes for,” Schneider said. “We have to be able to protect ourselves as we go and make smart decisions in trying to keep this whole thing together as long as we possibly can.
“I think you’ve seen over the last several years now a philosophy of competition at every position and trying to acquire as many players as you possibly can and to make it fit. We’ve done this since Day One.”
- The Steelers signed P Jordan Berry to a three-year contract worth $1.575 million, which breaks down to salaries of $435K, $525K, and $615K. (Aaron Wilson)