- Mike Mayock said of the idea that teams could trade up for either Oregon QB Marcus Mariota or Florida State QB Jameis Winston: “I’m not sure you can mortgage your future on either guy.” (Bryan Fischer)
- Mayock says scouts are concerned about Clemson DE Vic Beasley lacking “power” in general and against the run. (Chase Goodbread)
- Mayock believes Michigan WR Devin Funchess has “better movement skills” than Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin. (Bryan Fischer)
- Mayock is intrigued about Auburn QB Nick Marshall as a cornerback, but says: “I don’t think many teams are interested in seeing him throw.” (Bryan Fischer)
- Mayock compares Indiana RB Tevin Coleman to Raiders RB Darren McFadden. (Chase Goodbread)
- Mayock has graded eight running backs as either first, second, or third round picks in this year’s draft class. (Chase Goodbread)
- Packers are expected them to draft a tight end, despite having three on the active roster. (Tom Silverstein)
- Silverstein labels Minnesota TE Maxx Williams as the top tight end available and a possible target for Green Bay.
- Mark Kaboly spoke to James Harrison‘s agent who mentioned that his client will have an announcement regarding this future in the NFL before the start of the new year.
- Titans GM Ruston Webster ruled out using the franchise or transition tag this offseason.
“I don’t see it as in play,” said Webster, per Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.