- Field Yates of ESPN (Insider) takes a look at four teams he believes should entertain the idea of trading up for a quarterback in this year’s draft.
- According to Yates, this group includes: the Jets, Bears, Rams and Eagles.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the messages sent by the Browns front office down to the field during a game actually went to a non-coaching employee on the sidelines, who then relayed the information to a member of the coaching staff.
- Florio wonders if GM Ray Farmer could end up being the “fall guy” in the end for owner Jimmy Haslem.
- Sheil Kapadia of PhillyMag.com expects free agent OLB Brandon Graham to sign elsewhere next year and veteran OLB Trent Cole to be back, but at a discount rate.
Jamison Hensley writes that the Ravens won’t have much cap space to work with during the offseason unless they make some roster moves.
- If the Ravens really wanted to create some extra cap room, Hensley mentions that they could consider releasing DT Haloti Ngata ($8.5 million) and DE Chris Canty ($2.66 million).
- Contract extensions for Ngata, G Marshal Yanda, P Sam Koch, and K Justin Tucker.
- Another option could be for them to approach CB Lardarius Webb and WR Jacoby Jones regarding pay cuts.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that new Falcons HC Dan Quinn tried to convince DBs coach Kris Richard to come with him to Atlanta, but Richard has decided to remain with the Seahawks.
- Richard has a good shot at taking over for Quinn as Seattle’s new defensive coordinator.