Saints QB Drew Brees mentioned that he isn’t worried about his contract situation at all, and is instead focused on the offseason.
“I understand that I’ve got to prove it each and every year. The minute I can’t get the job done better than somebody else, they should ship me out of here. … Would I love a long-term contract, a long-term commitment? Yeah, absolutely. But I’m really not concerned with it right now.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Dallas police are struggling to gain intell into what happened in the incident that resulted in Broncos CB Aqib Talib being shot.
- According to Rapoport, few people, if anyone, are talking to police about the incident and what occurred that night.
- Rapoport adds that Dallas PD does not have the weapon used that night, and even the club hasn’t confirmed he was there.
“I think [Tom] Brady will retire in two or three years and then Bill will follow,” said the scout. “He won’t leave football. He’ll go to a front office-only role.”
Even so, Freeman says he isn’t buying this idea.
- Doug Kyed of NESN takes a shot at projecting the Patriots’ 53-man roster.
- Some of the notable cuts by Kyed include: RB James White, WR Aaron Dobson, WR Nate Washington, OL Cameron Fleming and OL Tre’ Jackson.