- Jeremiah mentions that Lock offers an intriguing skill set that includes a big athletic frame to go along with plenty of arm strength and good pocket awareness.
- Some areas where Jeremiah believes Lock can improve include eliminating predetermined throws that lead to turnovers and his overall field vision.
- Interestingly enough, Jeremiah says that Lock has a lot of similarities to Patrick Mahomes when he was coming out of Texas Tech, given that they both have big arms and move around really well.
Free agent S Mike Mitchell mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio that he “can’t really put a finger” on why the market hasn’t developed for veteran safeties this offseason, but he thinks it’s likely to do with the NFL teams preferring to go with younger options.
“Our sport isn’t like basketball, it isn’t like baseball where contracts are guaranteed, so definitely the teams are taking advantage of the leverage that they have and they don’t have to sign guys,” Mitchell said. “They can obviously go out and get cheaper, younger players, I guess, if that’s what they want to do. I think there’s something to be said about the veteran talent that’s out there, still a lot of guys that have played this game awhile and just done it at a high level for a long time, so we’ll just see how the rest of the summer plays out.”
We have Mitchell featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
Bryan Broaddus has the following grades this year’s Supplement Draft prospects:
- Western Michigan CB Sam Beal: Third round
- Virginia Tech CB Adonis Alexander: Fourth round
- Mississippi State S Brandon Bryant: Fifth round